Sunday, May 07, 2006

Wonderful Day

Yesterday was such a fantastic day! I woke up on my own with the sun streaming on my face (as opposed to hubby booting my lazy ass out of bed at the crack of dawn), and had a lovely breakfast with my darling man.

We went to Mark's Work Wearhouse where he bought a new pair of pants and a sweater, and I bought this flirty gypsy skirt. I've never owned such a fun garment in my life. It's black and goes to just around my knees and it flips most airily. It almost feels like a flamenco skirt or something.

The best part is, when I wear it with my pirate boots (as I am today), I feel like River Tam from Firefly, specifically in the episode "Safe", when the emotionally distraught girl hears music for the first time since her escape from the Alliance, she begins to dance. She has black boots sort of like mine, and a pretty flowing skirt (hers is pink, though). I don't know, I just feel like a gypsy; no other way to explain it.

Anyway, after breakfast hubby and I went to Loomis, this great art store, and picked out stuff with which to make wedding invitations. Then we went shopping at another store, and went to dinner where I had the heartiest vegetarian chili I've ever eaten.

We went home and watched The Replacements on TV, and later began to watch Dumb and Dumber - I had forgotten how ridiculous that movie was. In between boring parts, I tried working on the invitations. Let's just say I wasn't at my most patient and loving when trying to calculate how to properly calculate the dimensions of the multiple layers of paper we had purchased and how to center them. Oh, and ribbon tying was a complete fiasco.

All in all, though, yesterday was a fabulous day off. Hooray for free time in fabulous weather!

No comments: