That being said, I've begun to compile my mental list of things I can't wait to be able do again. It's not intended to be an angry, ranty list, bitching about the activities that now escape me for various reasons; rather more of a wistful, oh-it'll-be-nice list.
- putting on footwear without gasping or using special tools
- reaching the back of a cabinet or the end of a counter
- holding my bladder like a normal human being
- while we're on the topic, not feeling the urge to pee every time I change position
- being able to fasten the front of my coat (I estimate I will lose this ability within two weeks)
- swing quickly in and out of bed
- rolling over in two seconds instead of two minutes
- eat a large meal and not feel like I'm going to explode
- carry/push heavy objects
- have a choice between more than three pairs of pants and six tops
- drink alcohol or caffeine without censorious glares from my husband
Naturally, of course, there will be another mental list compiling in about two months, one that's a little bit snarkier and more emotional, of the I-wish-I-could-still-do-this variety. It will likely include such items as:
- sleeping longer than two hours at a time
- showering more than twice a week
- talking to someone besides the baby about something other other than baby poop...