Friday, June 09, 2006

Waiting for a surprise

My fiancé has been bugging me for days, asking me if I'm working June 17th. I told him repeatedly, I don't know, the schedule's not posted yet. When I asked why, I'd get the ever-maddening, "No reason."

So this morning I called my girl at work and asked if the schedule was posted yet (which I was about to say had damn well better be posted because it starts Monday). She happily told me that I have all next weekend off.


From: Nadine Mealey
Sent: Friday, June 09, 2006 12:08 PM
To: Fiancé
Subject: June 17
I have the whole weekend off. Can you give me a hint?

Nadine

-----Forwarded Message-----
From: Nadine
Sent: Friday, June 09, 2006 2:02 PM
To: Fiancé
Subject: FW: June 17

And can you buy me a steak and stuff?
(This is related to the dinner party we're going to tonight.)

From: Fiancé
Sent: Friday, June 09, 2006 3:51 PM
To: Nadine
Subject: FW: June 17

The hint is that you won't want to be weighed down by a steak. You'll like it very much, though, don't worry.
(This is him not realizing the two statements are not related.)

So of course, I start to ask him if he's taking me out of town. Out to dinner? On a helicopter ride, hence the need to shed excess baggage or food? Airplane lessons? All I can think about now is sky-related events.


Curiouser and curioser...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

from u no hoo,

get hubby to email me the details, this sounds juicy and i'd love to know without u knowing so i can make u squirm.......

ps

in a matter of days i will have a ps2, and i already have ddrmax2 and ddxextreme2 (en route) in my possession, and give me time but i will eventually throw the gauntlet to you for the ultimate ddr championship of the world (well at least the world that surrounds u n me tee hee)

luv ya

psp ur fav cancer says wassup