Thursday, February 16, 2006

Colorblind

My fiancé made fun of me when we went to the art store the other day to look at invitation-making materials, because I tried to show him what color the dress is .

"It's sort of this color." I'm pointing to a sheet of fine art paper. It's sort of a beige-y color with golden tones.
He looks at it. "Oh. That's nice. It's not white, though."
"No, I told you it's not white, it's like a champagne color. Well, actually, " I pause and look at another sheet nearby, "It's more like this color, only lighter."
"Okay."
Then I point to a ribbon holding up the sign that says, 'DO NOT TOUCH THE PAPER. PLEASE ASK FOR ASSISTANCE.' "It's actually more like this color, only not as bright."
He looks scandalized. "It's yellow?"
"No, it's like a golden color. It's paler than this, has more brown tone in it."
He stops and looks at me. "You don't really know what color it is, do you?"
I look at the floor. "No."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Haahhahahahahahahahahahahahaa

That is so you.

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to see the dress, all I need to know from you if you are possibly able to get some time off during my semaine de relache so that I can get my arse down there and see ya darling.
Lemme know, K?
luv ya 4 ever n always

U no Hoo